|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
Indicates that deadline has passed
|Program Type:||Study Center||Program Language(s):||English, French, Other|
|Area of Study(s):||African and Afro-American Studies, Anthropology, Economics, Education, Environmental Studies, French & Francophone Studies, Health: Science, Society & Policy, History, Women's and Gender Studies||Minimum Semesters of Previous Language Study Required:||2|
|Housing Options:||Homestay||Minimum GPA:||3.0|
|Experiential Learning Opportunities:||Internship, Volunteering|
CIEE Language and Culture Program in Dakar, Senegal
Live and study African culture and develop skills in French and Wolof, a regional Sub-Saharan African language, in one of the most developed, democratic – and friendly – nations in the region. On CIEE’s Language and Culture program, you’ll immerse yourself fully in the culture by living with a Senegalese family and participating in an important fieldwork project. If you’re ready to seize the opportunity, Senegal and CIEE are ready for you.
Study abroad in Dakar and you'll:
- Choose from a variety of courses in African studies, development studies, anthropology, and sociology
- Live with a Senegalese family that will provide strong cultural immersion
- Participate in African art, dance, and music and engage in community service and/or an internship
- Visit Gorée Island, Toubab Dialaw, Saint Louis, and the Sine-Saloum region; learn during a rural stay with a local host family, or Peace Corps or NGO staff
Please check the CIEE website for final program dates, and speak with your CIEE Study Abroad Advisor prior to booking airfare.
Brandeis Specific Information
- to the Brandeis Office of Study Abroad. Visit the Brandeis Study Abroad Website in order to obtain more information about internal application process, advising hours, academic credit, and financial aid transfer.
- to the external program listed above. Visit the Brandeis Study Abroad Website for more information on commonly asked questions about the external application process like deadlines, program approval forms, paying deposits, etc...