|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
Indicates that deadline has passed
|Program Type:||Field Study Program||Program Language(s):||English, Other|
|Area of Study(s):||African and Afro-American Studies, Economics, Education, Environmental Studies, International & Global Studies, Language and Linguistics, Philosophy, Politics, Sociology, Women's and Gender Studies||Minimum Semesters of Previous Language Study Required:||0|
|Housing Options:||Apartment (shared), Homestay||Minimum GPA:||3.0|
|Experiential Learning Opportunities:||Service Learning, Volunteering|
CIEE Service-Learning Program in Cape Town, South Africa
Learn by doing! CIEE’s Service-Learning program lets you be of service while exploring the complexities and challenges facing Cape Town and the entire South African region – like hunger, government corruption, and violence. Work with local communities, learn civic responsibility, and engage in rigorous academics, including social-research methodology, language study, and development studies. Plus, you’ll discover the rich history and culture of the South African people through visits to landmarks and sites of historical importance – and much more.
Study abroad in Cape Town and you will:
- Enroll in a fully integrated, holistic service program that combines coursework and service to the community with integrated activities designed to support the academic service-learning goals, both in and out of the classroom
- Design and implement a capstone project based upon community needs and personal interest
- Meet with and discuss current South African economic, social, and political challenges with experts in the field
- Discover the rich history and culture of the South African people through visits to landmarks and sites of importance
Please check the CIEE website for final program dates, and speak with your CIEE Study Abroad Advisor prior to booking airfare.
Brandeis Specific Information
Students studying in South Africa may choose to take a foreign language course, if applicable, on their program. However, the Brandeis foreign language requirement does not require it.
- to the Brandeis Office of Study Abroad. Visit the Brandeis Study Abroad Website in order to obtain more information about internal application process, advising hours, academic credit, and financial aid transfer.
- to the external program listed above. Visit the Brandeis Study Abroad Website for more information on commonly asked questions about the external application process like deadlines, program approval forms, paying deposits, etc...