|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Fall||2015||02/24/2015 **||Rolling Admission||07/07/2015||11/14/2015|
|Spring||2016||02/24/2015 **||Rolling Admission||01/27/2016||06/13/2016|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.
Indicates that deadline has passed
|Program Type:||Field Study Program||Program Language(s):||English|
|Area of Study(s):||African and Afro-American Studies, Sociology||Minimum Semesters of Previous Language Study Required:||0|
|Housing Options:||Apartment (shared)||Experiential Learning Opportunities:||Service Learning, Volunteering|
CIEE Service-Learning Program in Cape Town, South Africa
Study abroad in Cape Town and you’ll experience a program that offers an integrated approach to learning and community involvement. The program enables you to be active in service, while giving you opportunities to reflect upon the complexities and challenges facing both Cape Town specifically and South Africa in general.
The program intends to meet the needs of local communities, helping foster civic responsibility while engaging students in a rigorous academic program of social research methodology, language study, and development studies.
Study abroad in Cape Town and you will:
- Enroll in a fully integrated, holistic service program that combines coursework and service to the community with integrated activities designed to support the academic service-learning goals, both in and out of the classroom
- Design and implement a capstone project based upon community needs and personal interest
- Meet with and discuss current South African economic, social, and political challenges with experts in the field
- Discover the rich history and culture of the South African people through visits to landmarks and sites of importance
Please check the CIEE website for final program dates, and speak with your CIEE Study Abroad Advisor prior to booking airfare.
Brandeis Specific Information
Students studying in South Africa may choose to take a foreign language course, if applicable, on their program. However, the Brandeis foreign language requirement does not require it.
- to the Brandeis Office of Study Abroad. Visit the Brandeis Study Abroad Website in order to obtain more information about internal application process, advising hours, academic credit, and financial aid transfer.
- to the external program listed above. Visit the Brandeis Study Abroad Website for more information on commonaly asked questions about the external application process like deadlines, program approval forms, paying deposits, etc...
Scholarship Details:Students interested in learning more about (other) study abroad scholarship opportunities should visit the scholarship section of the Brandeis study abroad website.