CIEE Arts and Sciences Program in Seoul, Korea
Recognized by UNESCO for outstanding design yet firmly rooted in ancient traditions, Seoul is full of intrigue and inspiration for students of arts and sciences. You’ll find it easy to make the most of the city’s live-wire environment, with access to Korean culture through the Seoul Mates program, university clubs, and a variety of unforgettable excursions – and our dedicated team to guide you at every step.
Study abroad in Seoul and you will:
- Boost your Korean language skills with intensive courses for all levels.
- Learn at Yonsei School of Business and its Creative Leadership Forum, noted for its discussion series on investment banking, management consulting, media, and entrepreneurship.
- Get to know your Korean counterparts with our Seoul Mates program.
- Experience Korean family life with a one or two-night homestay.
Established in 2006, this program is designed to support students while they learn at a top-ranked Korean university and experience everyday life in Seoul. A special in-depth orientation and extracurricular program helps students get to know the country, along with 15 weeks of courses in English and Korean with the Yonsei University’s Division of International Education.
The CIEE Study Center is based at Yonsei University, the most prestigious private institution of higher education in Korea. The school has 18 graduate schools, 21 colleges, and a student population of more than 30,000, including more than 1,000 students from 20 countries. It is less than 20 minutes from downtown Seoul on a large, attractive campus. Sports facilities including a fitness center, pool, gym, and basketball and tennis courts.
The academic calendar runs from mid-August through late June and is divided into two semesters. Unlike in the United States, the spring semester (February-June) is the first semester of the academic year and fall (August-December) is the second. All courses are taught by Yonsei University faculty.
Find out more.
Please check the CIEE website for final program dates, and speak with your CIEE Study Abroad Advisor prior to booking airfare.
Brandeis Specific Information
While knowledge of Korean language is not required to apply to this program. Brandeis policy does require that students take Korean language while on the program.
Students wanting to apply to this program must submit two applications:
- to the Brandeis Office of Study Abroad. Visit the Brandeis Study Abroad Website in order to obtain more information about internal application process, advising hours, academic credit, and financial aid transfer.
- to the external program listed above. Visit the Brandeis Study Abroad Website for more information on commonly asked questions about the external application process like deadlines, program approval forms, paying deposits, etc...
Students interested in learning more about (other) study abroad scholarship opportunities should visit the scholarship section of the Brandeis study abroad website.
*Please note that all information is subject to change.