|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
Indicates that deadline has passed
|Program Type:||Study Center||Program Language(s):||English, Portuguese|
|Area of Study(s):||Anthropology, Economics, Film, Television and Interactive Media, Fine Arts: History of Arts, History, Music, Politics, Sociology||Minimum Semesters of Previous Language Study Required:||0|
|Housing Options:||Dormitory, Homestay||Minimum GPA:||3.0|
CIEE Language and Culture Program in Lisbon, Portugal
Take the plunge and immerse yourself in Portuguese language and culture. Through intensive language learning, and a variety of courses taught in both English and Portuguese, you’ll enhance your understanding of contemporary Portuguese society and culture.
And with home direct enrolment options at the local university, homestays, and a number of cultural excursions in and an around the multi-cultural capital of Libson, studying abroad in Portugal offers you a uniquely immersive international experience.
Study abroad in Portugal and you will:
- Take courses in English at a Portuguese university; choose from a wide range of direct enrollment courses if your Portuguese language skills are up to it
- Become familiar with Portuguese history, culture, and current affairs through city-based cultural and social activities and weekend excursions
- Live in a city with a rich multi-cultural history that is also a privileged gateway to other European and North African countries
Please check the CIEE website for final program dates, and speak with your CIEE Study Abroad Advisor prior to booking airfare.
Brandeis Specific Information
- to the Brandeis Office of Study Abroad. Visit the Brandeis Study Abroad Website in order to obtain more information about internal application process, advising hours, academic credit, and financial aid transfer.
- to the external program listed above. Visit the Brandeis Study Abroad Website for more information on commonly asked questions about the external application process like deadlines, program approval forms, paying deposits, etc...