|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Program Sponsor:||DIS - Study Abroad in Scandinavia|
|Courses Offered:||Click here to view|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
Indicates that deadline has passed
|Program Type:||Study Center||Program Language(s):||English|
|Area of Study(s):||Business, Economics||Minimum Semesters of Previous Language Study Required:||0|
|Housing Options:||Apartment (shared), Dormitory, Homestay, Other||Minimum GPA:||3.0|
Whether you dream of building your career in the corporate world or becoming an entrepreneur, expand your knowledge and ability to analyze how European businesses operate.
- Boost your resume by consulting with businesses and presenting solutions on real-life cases or developing a start-up project and pitching it to professionals
- Travel with DIS faculty on course-integrated study tours and meet with leaders and decision makers in key business clusters or start-ups, using their insights to build your projects and for practical assignments
- Learn how to best articulate your enhanced cross-cultural leadership skills with DIS career workshops on international internships, resume building, and interviewing skills, as well as network with local professionals at DIS Career Night
This program is right for you if you are a student in business, economics, finance, marketing, management, or related disciplines, with a strong interest in acquiring business knowledge and skills from an international perspective.
CORE COURSE OPTIONS
Entrepreneurship and Innovation in Europe
Fall/Spring, 3 Credits
This course emphasizes innovative entrepreneurial action. The aim of the course is twofold: You will gain an understanding of innovation in various settings, particularly looking at new business models and emerging technologies. You will then work on a start-up project and learn to apply an entrepreneurial method based on fast iterations, structured customer engagement, prototyping, and pitching to investors.
European Business Strategy: Case Studies
Fall/Spring, 3 Credits
Through business visits, case studies, and lectures, you will come to understand the European business environment and how it differs from the U.S. You will learn how companies are impacted by local business environments – a key skill in international business. A major element of the course is working with a business on a sponsored project and presenting a solution to the company at the end of the semester.
Visit disabroad.org for a full list of over 250 additional elective courses!
Brandeis Specific InformationProgram Pre-requisites: Courses in introductory macro- and microeconomics at university level.
Core Course Pre-requisites: For the two core courses, there are different expectations for each course and thus different pre-requisites. Students must meet at least the following in order to register for each core course.
- European Business Strategy: Case Studies - Students are eligible for this course if they've taken ECON 10a or ECON 2a and taken ECON 20a (Introduction to Macroeconomics). Some exceptions can be made to this but students will need to speak with Darren Gallant (firstname.lastname@example.org) directly and have their transcript submitted to DIS in advance for approval.
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation in Europe - Students are eligible for this course if they've taken ECON 10a or ECON 2a and taken ECON 20a (Introduction to Macroeconomics). Some exceptions can be made to this but students will need to speak with Darren Gallant (email@example.com) directly and have their transcript submitted to DIS in advance for approval.
Please note that the following programs are NOT approved for Brandeis credit:
- Architecture and Design
- Textile Design
- Host Family
**Optional Study Tours - Brandeis will not pay the additional fees for optional study tours, this cost will be billed to the student directly. This applies for 1-credit optional study courses as well as optional study tours attached to 3-credit courses.
Brandeis students can apply directly through the Office of Study Abroad for admission into the DIS program.
Visit the Brandeis Study Abroad Website in order to obtain more information about the internal application process, advising hours, academic credit, and financial aid transfer.