CIEE/ Liberal Arts Program in São Paulo, Brazil
Sao Paulo, Brazil (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Fall||2015||02/24/2015 **||Rolling Admission||07/02/2015||12/12/2015|
|Spring||2016||02/24/2015 **||Rolling Admission||01/08/2016||06/27/2016|
|Academic Year||2015-2016||02/24/2015 **||Rolling Admission||08/30/2015||06/12/2016|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.
Indicates that deadline has passed
|Program Type:||Direct Enrollment||Program Language(s):||Portuguese|
|Area of Study(s):||Anthropology, Economics, History, International & Global Studies, Journalism, Latin American and Latino Studies, Philosophy, Politics, Religious Studies, Sociology||Minimum Semesters of Previous Language Study Required:||2|
|Housing Options:||Homestay||Minimum GPA:||3.0|
|Experiential Learning Opportunities:||Volunteering|
CIEE Liberal Arts Program in São Paulo, Brazil
Begin or continue your study of Portuguese while exploring – what is arguably – the most important country in Latin America, through the urban eyes of its largest, most diverse and dynamic city: São Paulo.
Through intensive language study, homestays, internships, cultural activities, and direct enrolment in an extensive range of courses at one of the top universities in Brazil, studying abroad in São Paulo gives you unparalleled insight into contemporary Brazil, and an exciting, immersive intercultural experience.
Study abroad in São Paulo and you will:
- Take part in an intensive language and culture pre-session to prepare for direct enrollment courses
- Experience the unique atmosphere of PUC SP , a traditional university founded in 1946, with an urban campus that mixes academic excellence with a diverse student body
- Live in São Paulo the most diverse social, economic and cultural city in Brazil. Learn about the diverse heritages, the influence of globalization, the local cultural and social movements.
- Volunteer with and learn about local community organizations and social projects
Find out more.
Please check the CIEE website for final program dates, and speak with your CIEE Study Abroad Advisor prior to booking airfare.
*Please note that a full courseload on this program is 21 credits, with six credits coming from the pre-semester Portuguese class and the remaining fifteen credits coming from classes during the semester.
Brandeis Specific Information
Students wanting to apply to this program must submit two applications:
- to the Brandeis Office of Study Abroad. Visit the Brandeis Study Abroad Website in order to obtain more information about internal application process, advising hours, academic credit, and financial aid transfer.
- to the external program listed above. Visit the Brandeis Study Abroad Website for more information on commonaly asked questions about the external application process like deadlines, program approval forms, paying deposits, etc...
Scholarship Details:Students interested in learning more about (other) study abroad scholarship opportunities should visit the scholarship section of the Brandeis study abroad website.