CIEE/ Liberal Arts Program in São Paulo, Brazil
Sao Paulo, Brazil (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
Indicates that deadline has passed
|Program Type:||Direct Enrollment||Program Language(s):||English, Portuguese|
|Area of Study(s):||African and Afro-American Studies, Anthropology, Business, Computer Science, Economics, Education, Film, Television and Interactive Media, Fine Arts: Studio Arts, History, International & Global Studies, Journalism, Language and Linguistics, Latin American and Latino Studies, Legal Studies, Philosophy, Politics, Psychology, Religious Studies, Sociology, Theater Arts, Women's and Gender Studies||Minimum Semesters of Previous Language Study Required:||2|
|Housing Options:||Homestay||Minimum GPA:||3.0|
|Experiential Learning Opportunities:||Volunteering|
CIEE Liberal Arts Program in São Paulo, Brazil
Like Portuguese? Now’s your chance to learn it in the heart of Brazil. CIEE’s Liberal Arts program helps you get the most out of your time here through homestays with a local family and intensive pre-term language instruction. During the semester, you’ll continue your language studies while taking liberal arts courses in English at a top university. CIEE excursions help you explore Brazil, and volunteer work offers a great way to get to know the locals.
Through intensive language study, homestays, internships, cultural activities, and direct enrolment in an extensive range of courses at one of the top universities in Brazil, studying abroad in São Paulo gives you unparalleled insight into contemporary Brazil, and an exciting, immersive intercultural experience.
Study abroad in São Paulo and you will:
- Take part in an intensive language and culture pre-session to prepare for direct enrollment courses
- Experience the unique atmosphere of PUC SP , a traditional university founded in 1946, with an urban campus that mixes academic excellence with a diverse student body
- Live in São Paulo the most diverse social, economic and cultural city in Brazil. Learn about the diverse heritages, the influence of globalization, the local cultural and social movements.
- Volunteer with and learn about local community organizations and social projects
Find out more.
Please check the CIEE website for final program dates, and speak with your CIEE Study Abroad Advisor prior to booking airfare.
*Please note that a full courseload on this program is 21 credits, with six credits coming from the pre-semester Portuguese class and the remaining fifteen credits coming from classes during the semester.
Brandeis Specific Information
Students wanting to apply to this program must submit two applications:
- to the Brandeis Office of Study Abroad. Visit the Brandeis Study Abroad Website in order to obtain more information about internal application process, advising hours, academic credit, and financial aid transfer.
- to the external program listed above. Visit the Brandeis Study Abroad Website for more information on commonly asked questions about the external application process like deadlines, program approval forms, paying deposits, etc...